Monday, October 23, 2006

Take a picture it'll last longer...

After spending most of Friday controlling a mild case of vertigo while throwing very large ‘holiday’ wreaths off a catwalk ten feet off the ground, I was told that most of them would have to be hauled back up. Needless to say, I got a great workout and am a little less afraid of heights now. I do like this job. It’s active yet it allows me time to think. I’ve already thought up some ideas for my senior project (I’m writing a play) which I hope to finish before next March. The people I work with are cool, the commute is short and I don’t have to answer emails or do paperwork.

I find that in my life, when it rains it pours. I start having sex again. Then I get a job. Then my social life picks up. Now I have two guys I met online calling me up and wanting to go on dates. Then my friend, Carlos called to invite me to a party this Thursday. I’m booked the next few weekends and my kitty greets me when I get home from work.

Last year at this time I was just in my sister’s wedding and recently fired from a job after three and a half days. There were illness and car accidents. And on top of it I wasn’t getting any touch. Not that I really wanted to have sex. I didn’t want to do anything except to crawl up in bed, pull the covers over my head and drown in my beautiful sorrow.

I’m here now. I made it through the last year of my life. It’s gone and I’m here now in the living room of a house in Montclair, California. And I think I’m happy. Nothing is certain and I’m happy none the less.

Go figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home