Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Ya gotta rub me the right way...

Here's a fact about me: I'm very flawed.

I change my mind like people change their underwear. I'm a hypocrite. I like watching the Dr. Phil show. I can be indifferent to the suffering of others, sometimes to the point of blaming them for their own misery. I can carelessly cut you and laugh while you're bleeding. (I also love Billy Joel.) I may say I'm compromising but really I'm still figuring out how to get what I want. I'm spoiled. I'm mean. I'm selfish. I love eating meat, despite all the logical and well thought out arguments that says I shouldn't. I'm non-committal; I can't even commit to self-destruction. If you tell me not to do something, that's the surest way of guaranteeing I'll do it. I seek the validation of others, especially from the fells. I will totally disregard my friends’ well-meaning advice, and then expect them to be there for me when it blows up in my face. I'm stubborn. I'm vengeful. I'm a bad driver. I’m messy. I’m lazy. I am a bad feminist. I tell little white lies and big multi-colored lies. I don't think I can change most of these things and I'm not sure that I want to.

And I still expect to be loved despite all of my flaws. Maybe that’s the biggest flaw of them all…

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve G said...

You're fucked up.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Debbye said...

I was all fine in my denial until you offered to talk over some coffee. This is all your fault!!

:P

4:00 PM  
Blogger Steve G said...

I've never paid so much for coffee in my life.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Debbye said...

Aww...mean. You were there for me like any friend should be. You know I would be (ahem, have been) there for you if you had a less than together moment.

Give the girl a break.

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home