Thursday, March 31, 2005

I read the News today, Oh boy....

I read an article in Newsweek about the Terri Schiavo case. I have been staying away from the case because I didn't feel like it's my business. One thing that really knocked me on my ass was that the reason she was in the persisent vegetative state was because of the potassium she was missing due to her bulimia. Without the potassium her heart couldn't work properly and it stopped. Her brain was deprived of oxygen for too long and then she went into a coma.
What breaks my heart is that this woman's death and recent political circus was all because a, at the time, twenty-six year old woman felt that purging was better than being fat. Women are killing themselves everyday to fit some ideal body type that can never be realized. There is no "skinny enough" to please this standard so I say we just stop trying. I want to stop this. I want this to end. Who's with me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home