Sunday, February 26, 2006

Emotionally Slutty

I don't always know what to share and what to keep to myself in times like these. Since only my friends and strangers read this I will share...

Last weekend I went to my parent's house to do some laundry and visit. Both my mom and dad were being assholes and I practically ran out of the house when my towels were done. I made the mistake of telling my dad about all my problems at work knowing full well that he will get sick with worry. My father is a very anxious fella.

Flash-forward a week and I get a call. I was hoping it was from my friend Mike, but it was my mother. My mother likes to give a big warning before she gives bad news, so the conversation started like this:

"Don't get worried or anything, but you might have noticed that the weekend you came to visit your father and I were rather upset and stressed out.."

Of course in my mind all I can think is that they're separating or something. But that isn't the case.

Two weeks ago my father told my mother that he has been really depressed and has been contemplating killing himself. My mom took him to the doctor and now he's on anti-depressants and in out-patient psychiatric counseling.

I can't really write much more about this, because just writing the last two sentences made me start doing the ugly cry. It's scary, sad and overwhelming. I want to stay home tomorrow but there is no other assistant to help out, so I have to go to work.

I talked to my dad and couldn't stop crying. I don't want to make him feel worse, but I just couldn't stop. I know he's getting help and that is good, but I'm just so scared.

I need a hug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home