Friday, November 17, 2006

2:47 AM (revised so that it's readable)

As I dine on Chicken McNuggets and HiC punch (Or Orange Drink, as it was astutely called in my family) I am filled with a love for life I haven't felt in a long time. Anyhoo, I'm going to enjoy it for all it's worth, because I'm going to be an anxious mess before too long…

One thing that used to bother me was when I played Monopoly was when I was sent to jail. It was a personal failure for a people pleaser like me. The reason for my imprisonment was never clear, but they felt a need to keep me from collecting my $200. I remain indignant to this day that not only was I going to jail, but that I couldn't get that damn $200 dollars. I guess it's that part of me that wants to have my cake and eat it too, because why would I get a cake if I didn't want to eat it? Why? That's just stupid...

I just bought my first pair of black low-top Converse. I've been pretty willful about buying them because my friends just fawn over them so much. They may be my friends, but we don't always share the same passions. (ie: the Bible, cycling, paganism, punk music, etc...) Just like I know my love for Christina Aguilera and may not be appreciated by my friends, they shouldn't expect me to share their zeal for footwear. Some might call it stubborn, but I call it principled. In this case I'll admit I was wrong! I love, love, love them!! They're comfy and make me feel funky in a Punky Brewster kind of way...

Does anyone really have a memory from 2003? I mean it was a pretty throw away year. Yes, I'm sure many exciting events occurred, but for the life of me I can't remember one damn thing...

I think I have ESP, but only in regards for pop culture. For example, a few days ago an episode of Designing Women popped into my head. It was an episode in which Susanne fell for a blind guy, but dumps him because he was unable to see her beauty. And since her beauty was what usually kept men around, how will she hold this blind guy interest? Well, her charm, wit and intelligence of course! Anyhoo, as I ate my McNuggets, guess what episode was on Nick at Night? You betcha! It also happens with songs and the radio as well...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, to be unemployed. Spending your days at McDonalds, sipping on Orange Drink, playing board games, and spending your parent's money on shoes. You're practically a stoner/burnout at this point.

Oh, and I have the same shoes. They're my favorites (next to my cycling shoes, thanks), although the sole is kinda separating at the heel.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Debbye said...

Oh yes, because what you do is so vital because of the self-important green linen/cotton blend you get at the end of the day. Please, don't hate.

I said I loved my new shoes, what more do you people want!

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How the hell did you know about my green linen/cotton blend? ;)

7:49 AM  
Blogger Debbye said...

Little cameras hidden in strategic places...

2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home