Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Whew!

My damn school just got back to me on the status of my admissions and it looks like, come this spring, I'll be a student again! Yay! I must admit the stress of waiting for this information has slowly seeped into every aspect of my life. If I didn't get into school then I would have to wait until fall and who knows what could happen between now and next September. I didn't know if I would have the motivation to stay the course I had set out for myself. Not working has not only left me with time to catch up with The Gilmore Girls reruns, but ample time to think of all the worse case scenario if I didn't get into school. The absolute worst cases involved either having babies, living with my parents for the rest of my life, being a failure at everything including relationships and plant ownership, homelessness or eventually death by hot oil when my Jack In The Box uniform got caught in the deep fryer.

Now I can be fraught with new anxieties, but these are anxieties I can handle. It's funny; before I found out I was going to school all I wanted was a relationship. Now all I want is to get laid. I've got other things to fill my life with now, than some silly boy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve G said...

"Look, this is hard work. It's hard to advance freedom in a country that has been strangled by tyranny. And, yet, we must stay the course, because the end result is in our nation's interest." - George W. Bush

You can learn a thing or two from our fearless commander and chief.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Debbye said...

I hope there is more than a slight difference between what I'm doing and George W's agenda in Iraq.

So, do you have these George W. quotes memorized for just such occasions as these?

12:35 PM  
Blogger Steve G said...

I keep them in my "Debbye" file, you know, just in case.

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home