Friday, April 06, 2007

Fiona Apple Friday!

It's a treat for y'all!

I love Fiona Apple. Fiona Apple is a great songwriter and plays the hell outta a piano. I love the stuff and hope you enjoy. Hell, just give it a shot...

Here are a few of my favorite songs off Extraordinary Machine:

The first video, Oh Well , is about dysfunctional love. It's about loving someone who doesn't love you back. It's about giving and not getting any back. It's about my love life, basically. (Waah!) Favorite Lyric: "I was feeding on the need for you to know me/Devastated at the rate you fell below me/What wasted unconditional love/On somebody who doesn't believe in the stuff/Oh, well."

The second video ,Not About Love, has the very funny Zach Galifianakis ( from Comedians of Comedy) lip-syncing his heart out. I love goofy guys with big bellies and even bigger beards. The song is great as well. Favorite Lyric: "This is not about love/'Cause I am not in love/In fact I can't stop falling out/I miss that stupid ache". Tell me about it, Sister.

The third video, Extraordinary Machine , is from the Today show; so don't let Matt Lauer confuse you too much. I like this song because it's about how other people may think you need help, but really you're okay. In fact, you're extraordinary if only in your own mind. Favorite Lyric: "I seem to you to seek a new disaster every day/You deem me due to clean my view and be at piece and lay/I mean to prove I mean to move in my own way, and say,/I've been getting along for long before you came into the play"

Hey, it's my blog...I'll post what I like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home