Thursday, July 03, 2008

I don't feel like dating...

...so, I've cancelled my Match.com account. It's not like I've been dating a lot lately, but I kept it open in hopes that maybe someone interesting would pop up. Internet dating hasn't been a very successful enterprise for me even though I've been on a bunch of dates. The truth of the matter is that I've never felt any chemistry with the guys I've dated. It's not like I've meet duds either, in fact 75% of the fellas I've met have been cool. There was just nothing there.

This is kinda, sorta a big deal being that I've been using Match.com for four years. The best guy I met was a producer in LA who was so sweet and lovely that I actually went out with him for a few months, but like a lot of things in life it just didn't work out. The worst was this guy who managed to be both racist and completely boring. Ugh. The rest were blah, blah, blah.

All of the guys I've ever had a connection with were those I met in my day to day life. I knew almost instantly that I wanted to get to know them at first sight. I'm not saying that it was love at first sight, but I've been instantly drawn them. That is something that I've never been able to reproduce online, so I'm giving it up.

I might go back to online dating in the future, I do know of some success stories, but for now I have things to do! I'm trying to finish up two Bachelor's Degrees! My main focus is school - finishing school and getting into grad school. I wouldn't mind meeting someone special who would be willing to put up with my issues, and vice versa. But I'm just not in the mood for awkward first dates with guys with whom I have zero chemistry.

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve G said...

Dr. Neil Clark Warren wouldn't lie.

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'd love to get your feedback! We recently started an Online Dating Review Forum and would be interested in hearing about your experiences. Please feel free to share your opinions about Match.com or any online dating service you are using - or may have used in the past. Hopefully, your feedback will help others navigate through the endless array of online dating services and help them avoid mistakes when it comes to online dating.

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home