Friday, April 11, 2008

Get outta town...

Okay fine! I will!

My friend Jen is going through some personal issues and asked me to take a trip with her up the coast. I'm rather excited because I've wanted to get away for a while. I love getting away! I love going on trips! I love packing! I love hotel rooms! I love coming back home! I love it all! I've just been too poor to do it.

In fact, I am planning some sort of big trip, most likely to Europe, next summer. My dream is to travel across Europe visiting all the major (and some minor) museums I can cram into a three or four week trip. So, I'm gonna do that.

The last time I took a trip up the coast, though, was a year and a half ago. I was at the point where I was either going to jump off a bridge or shave my head, I was so restless. So I drove up to Monterey and stayed at a semi-fancy hotel for a few days. It really helped in a weird way, like I had some choice in how I could live my life. That there were options. At the end of it I realized that things would change. My life would change, either for the better or worse, but it would change. That was oddly comforting.

(Don't worry the story ends well! The heroine takes charge of her life and rides off into the sunset. Or at least in the direction of graduate school.)

Anyways kiddos, I'm leaving tomorrow and won't be back until Monday! Have a good weekend!

2 Comments:

Blogger Aaron C. Thomas said...

Have fun! I love trips.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Steve G said...

You women and your constant need to "find yourself." Why can't you be like men keep things bottled up until your ulcer explodes?

What a waste of time ;)

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home