Friday, May 02, 2008

Rant part two...

In response to Aaron's questions and just to rant a bit more:

I went to Bernardo, my new advisor, and we sorted everything out. I'm writing a play and it's taking up more time and energy than I thought it would. Most likely I will finish my senior project in the fall. Also, Bernardo suggested that I might have a reading of it as well. See, now that would've freaked me out a few years ago, and it still does. Yet, now I know that the thing that freaks me out the most is the exact thing I should be doing. I was really scared of going back to school and getting my degree in psychology. And grad school totally freaks me out! (Mostly because of very bitter people with humanities PhDs who use it as a reason as to why their life sucks. Hey! It's not cancer! No one forced you into it!) Sure I'm stressed out all the time, but I feel alive. And oddly enough, happy.

What bugs me about this whole thing is that I spent all this time with this other advisor who didn't know me and thought I was a freak. (Sure, you yell at a guy to take a hold off your registration and all of a sudden you're a crazy person! In my defense I had just come home from an uncomfortable three day drive from Portland with the previously mentioned bitter holder of a humanities PhD who sat and played with his GPS while I did all the driving. About 36 hours of driving, just on the drive home. I had never been more tired in my life and now I have a goddamn hold on my registration! SOMEONE MUST PAY!). Anyways, he wasn't very useful or helpful mostly, in my opinion, because he wasn't on the faulty when I was a student. He had no idea who I was or how much time and energy I had put into that damn department. But I was in a play Bernardo directed, so he knew what an awesome person I can be when I'm not a banshee from hell.

All that said, everything is good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aaron C. Thomas said...

Word.

And I like the idea of a reading.

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home