Monday, April 18, 2005

I just don't know what to do with myself.

I wish I had more self-confidence. The problem is that, on a regular basis, I doubt myself and my choices. After years of introspection I have come to figure out a few things. One of my problems is that in the past I have made some bad choices and loyally followed those choices to very disastrous results. From school, to religious beliefs, to my lovelife, to even friendship I have not seen my error until my life is completely fucked up. Then I retreat in my room until I am able to pick myself out of my bed and away from my TV to face the world again.
I think it is obvious how this can affect my confidence. I am scared to death to make a major choice in my life but would rather float around until I land somewhere. Everybody makes mistakes but I'm the only one who has to live with the day to day results of my mistakes.
Maybe what it really comes down to is my desire to be perfect. I want to be all things to all mankind and be truly proud of myself. I want to sail through life. I want to have things come to me with as little struggle as possible. I hate all the hard work and disappointment. I hate dating and knowing that this guy isn't the one. I hate having to work at a job I don't like just so I can have the life I want. I hate having all of my choices questioned by people who love me. I'm just so tired. I'm twenty-eight and already tired of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home