Monday, April 04, 2005

Moving on Up!

Before I moved in my roommates and I agreed that we would give a month’s notice before I moved out. I let them know on March 31 that I was planning to move out in either May or June holding up my side of the deal. Now V, my roommate, is giving me massive passive aggressive guilt trips about not having a set date to move out.. She’s worried that there won’t be enough time to another roommate and have her move in at the beginning of the month. I feel like saying that as long as I’m out by May I don’t feel like this is my problem. If I stay past May I will pay for the time I overlap.
As I went to the kitchen to make myself some tater tots I saw this note on the corkboard.

"Hi Debbye!~
We found someone who can move in the beginning of May. (I haven't even found an apartment yet. I only told them I was planning on moving in May or June) We'd like to try and coordinate the moves so that you each have time to move your stuff. ( Umm...I can feel it coming...) It's very difficult trying to find someone to move in without setting dates so we hope this will work for you too. (Ding! Ding! Ding! What the prize, Bob!? A passive aggressive remark from a control freak!) Ideally, we would have you do your move anytime before or on May 1st. (Note how she put before before on. She's a master)

Please let us know.
VK"

Notice how it sounds upbeat and nice? No look deeper....Can't you feel the hostility? I guess you have to live with her to really understand. This is some dark shit I tell you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Debbye said...

Oh she is perky!
I haven't replied to the note just to fuck with her.

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home