Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Sweet Child of Mine...

My father sends me silly emails all the time with little pearls of wisdom or jokes. Kind of an armchair philosopher, my pops. This one made look twice...

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and
get used to the idea..."

Like women aren't suppose to do what they please? Why should men have to get "used" to that idea as if they had any real control over women? And finally, why am I so bothered by something so goofy and trite?

The trouble with being a feminist in the modern world is balancing that line between being way too uptight and condoning undesirable behavior...

2 Comments:

Blogger Chishiki Lauren said...

I'd write something witty and, by most standards, intelligent (maybe...wait, no...probably not)if I weren't still laughing at that last post. Wow. The stellar face of humanity.

11:23 PM  
Blogger starK said...

You stole my post lauren ... still laughing!!

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home