Monday, September 12, 2005

Try to make some Money then you die.

Okay here's what happened. At 6:30 AM, My supervisor pulled me into an office to tell me that HR was the last link in my chain of indignity that was slowly choking me to death (I'm using my own words.) I go to my desk, clock in and just wait. As I wait I decide to clean out my desk to throw out anything incriminating. My co-worker says that she needs to do that to soon. I said that it would be a good idea. Then I go on my break at 8:30 AM (yes TWO hours after I started.)
When I come back my supervisor pulled me back into an office and basically told me that I was terminated because I missed too many days of work (I was on formal and thought I had some time off but I didn't.) At that point I just wanted to get to my car so I could cry, good and proper. My supervisor walked my down to the front door, told me what to expect in my last paycheck, gave me a hug and left me to walk to my car.
Driving home I felt so dumb for crying over a job I hated so I started laughing really loud. I must have been a sight, driving down the 101 freeway laughing and crying like the crazies I encounter in Hollywood. All I wanted at that point was to take my pants off, get into bed and watch afternoon TV. So I did.

That is the story of the day I was fired from Wells Fargo Bank. Thank You.

4 Comments:

Blogger Debbye said...

I know that this will be the best thing that could've happened to me because I was so unhappy with that job. And I was so bad at it. Ugh. But it is scary to have no income coming in.

Thanks for the encouragement. I love you!!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Will said...

sorry to hear that, but banks suck. You'll be better for it.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Debbye said...

I already feel free after just a few hours. I hated that job so much. I will never have to explain that if one spends all the money in ones account, it will go overdrawn and there will be a fee. I will never have to hear about crazy ladies' genital herpes. That alone is worth my drop in income.

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Redeem the time, redeem

sucks that you got fired. but if I read kathy's comments you're seeing tori amos on saturday?? coz if you so you really can't complain about anything. ever. for a month at least.

and, hey, this could be the kick in the ass you need to get on with that makeup dealy.

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home