Sunday, January 15, 2006

Don't quote me boy, I ain't said shit

Nothing says weekend like a surprise lunch date. I have mentioned in previous blogs a certain gentleman I met online, well Saturday we had a conversation on the phone. Then outta nowhere he asked to have pancakes Sunday morning. I agreed and we set a date and place.
Of course I was hopeful that I was going to meet the perfect man of my dreams and I would never have to date ever again. Hell, I have that hope when I go to the grocery store. But as I find reality is far more realistic than my imagination. The guy turned out to be rather boring. He didn't intentionally make me laugh once. And he was really upbeat. Sunny-side-of-the-Street kind of positive thinking that makes me feel like Wednesday Addams for complaining about traffic in LA. Anyways, I like my men with a bit of self-deprecation in 'em (Ahh I love you, Jon Stewart.)
But going out on this date did give me this feeling that I will find someone special someday. All I have to do is just keep going out there and meet new people. I just have to believe that in this world of billions of people, I will fall in love with someone who will actually love me back. If George W. Bush can be elected twice as president of these United States, I can surely find a man.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

From the sounds of your post, you'll probably end up falling in love with an incredibly good-looking, right-wing, pro-lifer. And you'll end up voting for Jeb in '08.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Debbye said...

I don't know, great guys like that don't come around that often.

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home