Monday, January 02, 2006

All the Pretty Things...

I try not to make resolutions because I notice that the minute I resolve to do anything I want to do the opposite. I hate to settle down to rules and tend to rebel in some passive aggressive way or another. So I set myself up with goals, something positive to work toward. I know, the little lies we have to tell ourselves to function.

One goal is to date more. I've only gone on one date in the last seven months and honestly I wasn't into it at all. Lately, I've been wanting to meet someone special and have one of those relationship things. The first step is to get out of my apartment and go out with a guy. I've signed up for some online dating services which have proven successful in the past. Now I just have to muster up the energy to go out.

Which goes into my next goal, getting in shape. I've let myself go. In fact it has gone up an left the building. I get winded going up stairs and find that I'm just so damn tired all the time. I actually love running and find it's a great way of stress relief. Much better than yelling at my friends and family.

My other goals include reading more, keeping my apartment tidy, having more sex, being a better friend, being more creative, watch less TV, go to more museums, take more pictures, go out more on weekends, etc. I guess I just want my life to be different from last year. I'm through with feeling sorry for myself and watching life pass me by.

2 Comments:

Blogger Debbye said...

Oh yeah we should.

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheer up, little one. Bad years come and -- thankfully -- they go. The trick is learning how to roll with the punches and surviving the bad hits. You remind me a lot of a female, west coast version of myself 10 to 15 years ago. ;) You'll pull through.

You goals sound good though and are (almost) always good ideas. Years and years ago, my wife and I met on http://match.com. We're still quite happy.

Creatitivty is something that always needs work and with photography (as with most skills) practice practice practice. See if there are any classes you can take at a nearby community college or maybe the local school system has some adult education classes on photography. I think I'm going to sign up for one through my county's park service. Maybe there are some local photography groups you can participate in and get critiques. Or how about trying one of those picture a day goals?

Regardless, try to stay positive and don't let the ice weasels get into your head. Take lots of pictures and listen to good music. (Might I suggest Four Tet's "Smile Around the Face"?)

BTW, the Getty is a wonderful place for pics, if for nothing other than the architecture.

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home