Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Woot-Woot!

Tidbits...

This makes me so mad! What is really making people so uncomfortable about breastfeeding? Is it that breasts have another purpose besides "going wild" for drooling heterosexual men? Are we only comfortable with breasts when they're being used to sell us beer and cars? Plus it makes me more uncomfortable to know that Delta Airlines allows ferrets as carry-ons...

Lately I've been feeling rather blah when it comes to men and dating, so I've been wondering if I'm a late-in-life lesbian or even (gasp!) asexual. Then People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive issue comes out and well...

I think I'm going to be a nicer person. Or rather less mean. It's just that being mean just takes too much energy and it's based on a concept of coolness. As I age I don't care as much about being cool as I care that the people in my life know they are loved and strangers know that they're humanity is recognized. I don't know how it's going to be demonstrated in my life as of yet, so I'll keep you posted...

1 Comments:

Blogger sirbarrett said...

Yeah, being mean has it's perks, for a time but being nice is a good route to take. Good luck! As for breastfeeding: who knows what's going on in people's minds. They are oversensitive. Maybe it's all us hetero men's fault for seeing a boob as a boob and not being able to NOT get excited but we could at least PRETEND that it's all cool to breastfeed in public. There was a case in Toys R Us where employees apologized to a woman who they berated for breastfeeding. It IS fine, we just need to get over ourselves and accept that that's how babies eat.

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home