Tuesday, September 18, 2007

What I did on my Summer Vacation.

This summer I read six books. I got a job at a movie theater where I sell tickets to elderly and upper middle class folks, hipster douches and students. I became interested in Buddhist philosophy. I also learned how to spell "Buddhist". I meditated once or twice a week. I drove up to Portland and hung out with a bunch of unwashed vegans. I played with my puppy and took constant delight in her silly ways. I saw a bunch of movies about Paris with my friend Jen. I contemplated heterosexual success or rather my heterosexual failures. I realized that the world that I believed to be true had failed me and is in fact a lie. I watched all four seasons of Felicity. I had lunch with my friend Kathy a bunch of times. I had school troubles up the ass. I drank a lot of Coca-Cola Zeros. I took pictures of myself in various states of undress. I wished I was back in school six hundred and seventy-eight times. I started writing a play for my Senior Project; it's about love and ghosts. I bought a flask and filled it with whiskey. I realized how unhappy I've been and made a vow to change things. I quit blaming myself for everything. I didn't clean out my closet. I did wash my bathtub. I did about 20 loads of laundry, but never washed my sheets. I assembled a filing cabinet that holds no files. I watched The Devil Wears Prada seven times. I yelled at both strangers and loved ones. I slept in a tent and really enjoyed myself. I had brief moments of inner peace. I relished in my complicated nature. I watched my friend Brian fall in love with a GPS system. I watched my life change. I burned incense. I endured the stifling heat. I bought purple eyeshadow.

I think that's about it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve G said...

never washed your sheets??? eeeewwwwwwwww!!!

7:47 AM  
Blogger Debbye said...

It's not like I've never washed my sheets. Just not this summer.

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home