Thursday, October 11, 2007

Miranda July

I just read No One Belongs Here More Than You by Miranda July and loved it! It's a collection of short stories which were so intriguing that I read it in one day. July has a unique and honest voice, which made me feel both uncomfortable and consoled at the same time. My favorite short was This Person, because that's how I feel every fucking day:

This person mourns the fact that she has ruined her one chance to be loved by everyone; as this person climbs into bed, the weight of this tragedy seems to bear down upon this person's chest. And it is a comforting weight, almost human in heft. This person sighs. This person's eyes begin to close, this person sleeps.

And to be honest if I could wake up and have anybody's career it would be Miranda July's. Sigh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home