Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Couldn't have said it better myself...

...and I really wish it was me.

I saw the book "He's Just Not That Into You" in Barnes and Noble yesterday and in a moment of sad pathetic girly-ness I skimmed over the first chaper called "If he doesn't call you, he's just not that into you". As I read it I felt myself get anxious and nervous on that beautiful inauguration day. I shut the book, shook it off and walked away.

Kala, girl...I love you. Thanks for saying what I felt about that book but wasn't able to articulate:

For the women, depressing, yes, that their objects of wedding and child fantasies couldn’t care less about them, but still, empowering, because they could just let it go, already. He’s just not that into me. Well you know what, ladies. Greg was right. In all fairness, this is a very astute observation. Most of the time, sure, if a guy is interested in you, you will know. All the bullshitting and pussyfooting around is just guy-speak for “leave me the hell alone, please.” Here is what irks me to no end. This Greg person, he of frosted tips, dual pierced ears and the worst of jackass soul patches (seriously, Google him) is capitalizing on this idea that he think he invented. Guess what, Greg. WOMEN KNOW THIS ALREADY. Don’t you think we get it? Don’t you realize that our covering of tracks for the asshole who promises to call but doesn’t is just our way of making ourselves feel better in this horrific experience we call dating? Don’t you see that we know that when he texts us at 2 AM for a blowjob, but refuses to introduce us to his mother, we are completely aware that yeah, maybe, he’s not the “commitment type.” Isn’t it possible for you to see that our proclamations to our friends that “oh, you know, he’s having his apartment redone, so I can’t sleepover,” or “he’s just having a really stressful time at work right now, but after his next promotion we’re going to move in together” are just the sad, but very realistic, coping mechanisms that we women feel we must set up for ourselves so that we don’t have to come to face what we already know: yeah, he’s not that into me, and yeah, I have to keep looking.



I hate that realization that all that time and energy put into a guy who isn't into me was a complete waste! I could've been cleaning my toilet or playing with my dog! I'll live in Denialville until I'M ready to go. That my right.

Side note, that night a boy called me. What do I say to that? Sometimes a phone call is just a phone call.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for giving me props! - Kala

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home