Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Do you know what it feels like for a girl?

I had another baby dream last night. I won't go into every aspect of the dream but I remember having this small delicate baby that I had to take care of and restore back to health. At one point the baby was crying and I was trying to find what she needed. I just couldn't figure it out, nothing I did would stop the baby from crying. Finally, I got her a diaper and she peed in it until it was full even before I could close the diaper up. I then realized that she was crying because she was holding her pee for so long. Then I was woken up by a phone call from my mother.

I have had many baby dreams over the last few years. This time I wanted to figure out why I keep having those dreams and why I had one now. So, I went to a dream interpretation web site and here's what it said:

To see a baby in your dream, signifies innocence, warmth and new beginnings. Babies may symbolize something in your own inner nature which is pure, vulnerable, and/or uncorrupted. Babies may represent an aspect of yourself that is vulnerable and helpless. If you dream that you forgot you had a baby, then it suggests that you are trying hide your own vulnerabilities; You do not want to let others know of your weaknesses.

To dream of a crying baby, is indicative of a part of yourself that is deprived of attention and needs some nurturing. Alternatively, it represents your unfulfilled goals and a sense of lacking in your life.

To dream of an extremely small baby, symbolizes your helplessness and your fears of letting others become aware of your vulnerabilities and incompetence. You may be afraid to ask for help and as a result tend to take matters into your own hands.


Okay, okay I can see that. I also see babies as a big responsibility and taking care of one is a sign of being overwhelmed. I just hate all these creepy baby dreams. Ugh.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chishiki Lauren said...

So what if you dream that you name a baby some lame ass name and then harbor hatred towards it for years to come merely because you lacked creativity in the naming process? They don't give nearly enough analysis on these sites.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Debbye said...

There are sites where one can send a specific dream for a professional dream analysis. Now that's a career I would like to look into.

I know I'm pushing thirty but damn I'm sick of all these baby dreams. I'm starting to feel like Ally McBeal.

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home