Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I just wanna celebrate, yeah, another day of living! Yeah! I just want to celebrate another day of life!!!

Okay, I've been a bit gloomy. A suicidal father might do that to a girl. Anyhoo, I talked to my father and he has some hope that he will be okay. So, I will keep the results of my dramatic declarations of introspection to myself for now (Please, you all can stop clapping and doing the wave.)

The title of my blog, "Big Time Grown Up Stuff" is a little joke I have about my life. I spent my twenties striving towards becoming a "Grown Up" and never quite feeling that way. But I think over the last year I have slowly become adult enough to make a list of the signs that you might be a Grown Up:

~You know that it best to stifle the urge to knowingly snicker when your boss says something that could be interpreted as innuendo.

For example, if you ask what time it is and she says, "4:20", don't say laugh and say, "Yeah it is!"

~You do something you loved (or focused a lot of time and energy on) at age 22 and find that a boring waste of time at age 29. And it doesn't really bother you.

This usually includes going to clubs ("Does the music have to be so loud?"), staying up all night 'partying' every weekend ("If I stay up past 2 am I pay for it all week"), obsessing over some crush ("If he calls, he calls")...

~Or the complete opposite.

The weekend with no plans means cleaning the house and catching up on your reading, keeping up with current events and reading the newspaper, dating someone in his or her forties doesn't seem creepy, (hey they have a job and can take you to nice places.)

~You stand in the kitchen of your apartment that you pay for with a job you get up for even when everything in your life sucks...

...Because sitting around on your ass in your parent's house would suck even more.

~You find you have to make an effort to keep in touch with your friends, but those you do, you love with all your heart.

Yep, and you hope you'll be friends until you are old and all botoxed up. Most likely you will.

~You learn from your mistakes.

Like not to mix beer and wine, not to date a guy who you're not attracted to because he's "safe", or not to settle for a life that will leave you suicidal and depressed at age 63.


Maybe it's just me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Debbie, I love your pictures in your photo album my fav are hip to be square and the one called hip.

peace out!!!

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI.

I was just browsing around myspace or rather, USING my partners myspace and thought I would check out my old schools.

You and I went to jr. high and h.s. togther for a while.

My name is Cristina, if you do remember.

We had about the same bra size.

Im @ http://cris-nicewelts.livejournal.com/

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home