Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Shoop, shoop-a-doop

Since I'm going back to school I decided that I should get my soft and flabby brain in shape. This means cutting way back on Us Weekly and cable television and start doing things that are actually challenging. So, I started reading Concepts of Modern Art, a series of essays on, well, modern art. I just finished Fauvism and on my way to Expressionism. Honestly, I am absolutely enthralled. I love art. I love talking, looking at and even making art.

Which leads me to a thought, how many people really want to talk about art? I am an online dater and on many profiles I see something like this:

"I love to talk about art, music, literature, blah blah blah..."

Can I really expect to discuss if the French Revolution had an impact on 19th century art? Or why Picasso's Les Demoiselles d' Avignon is credited with ushering in modern art? Most likely not. It's kinda like wine. Most people like to drink it but don't really want to know about the wine making process.

So fellas, just a warning, don't say you like art unless you mean it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home