Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Eat my dust, Supergirl...

When I was a little girl, I would play Wonder Woman by putting on my Wonder Woman underoos, red knee high socks and to finish the look, my most prize possession, the Wonder Woman Accessories Playset. (Including tiara, bullet proof bracelets and belt.) I would run around the house saving my stuff animals from harm, making various family members tell the truth by wrapping the Lasso of Truth (a bungee cord attached to panty hose), finding any surface over six inches off the ground to jump off of and spinning around in circles until I could no longer walk straight. I really thought if I spun around and believed with all my heart, I would become Wonder Woman.

Little did I know that my hero was the brain-child of William Moulton Marston, who believes that Wonder Woman "satisfies the subconscious, elaborately disguised desire of males to be mastered by a woman who loves them." Dude was into bondage and open love. Awesome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home