Thursday, August 31, 2006

Smile, Asshat!

Since stumbling upon this blog, Holla Back: NYC, I've been absorbed by all these women's stories of sexual harassment. I can't stop reading them. The main point of this blog is to holla back at these idiots, even to the point of taking a picture to post on the site! Awesome.

Any woman who has left her house knows exactly how it feels to be just living her life and some asshat (my new favorite word) says something like, 'I'd bet you'd look a lot prettier if you smiled' or even worse, 'Damn you got some big ass titties.' (Both have been said to me while doing such outrageous, daring things like grocery shopping or walking down the street) Hell, I have enough stories to fill up a book:

~When I was eight years old, my sister and I were walking to Burger King and were harassed by a group of men working at an auto body shop. They made kissing noises and called us, 'baby'. I was scared even though I didn't quite understand why. It was threatening, no matter what their intent.

~I needed a tuxedo shirt for a catering job, so my friend Donna, recommended a tailor. The creepy asshole proceeded to feel me up for about 10 minutes while I just stood there stunned. Finally I said, enough and he stopped. Expecting outrage from my friend when I told her what happened, I was surprised when she said, 'Yeah, we've had some problems with him.' I wanted to slap them both.

~I was at a club in Paris and decided to sit down because my feet hurt. This dorky French guy sits down next to me and starts to chat me up. At one point during the conversation he asked, "Can I kiss you?" I told him no, because ewww. He then leaned over and tried to kiss me. I told him to fuck off and left which sucked because my feet really hurt! He kept finding me in the club and would start yelling at me in French and laughing. I am just glad I only know a few words of French.

~On my 18th birthday, my Spanish teacher told me I was now on his list. Being rather grossed out, I dropped that class soon after.

Ah, the memories...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

on one hand, you're right in that no one deserves that kind of treatment. on the other hand, you do have some big-ass titties...

big, pleasing, soft...bbbbrumsky!

i'm done.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Debbye said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah...

If I didn't know you cheese sandwich me I would be very offended...

2:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home