Sunday, August 20, 2006

Anyhoo...

I received this myspace email the other day:

"hi beauitfull my names Rick i would love to talk to you. heres a little about me i love animals i love the outdoors like to travel. play sports. like to do alot of things.i love romance writing poems i am very affectionate love to cuddle and kiss. i have a big heart with lots of love to give. i own a house in Corona calif. and have a good job. well i hope we can talk soon"

My favorite is the "i love animals" remark. Something about that bothers me. I like animals but it seems like he's playing on the stereotype that women are so naturally nurturing that we will just drop our panties when a man professes his love for puppies, prose and affection. That, the misspellings and his declarations of security just make me think, ‘ugh’.

Keep looking Rick; I'm not the girl for you...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love cute little babies. And Oprah.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Debbye said...

Double 'ugh'.

;)

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home