Saturday, August 19, 2006

Discoveries!!!

~ Paris Hilton has a CD coming out soon. What's even worse? I like the first single "Stars are Blind". I like it a lot.

Discovery: I’m not the one to ask about music.

~ There are too many Pop Tarts in a box. Especially when you just want one.

Discovery: Craving Pop Tarts doesn't mean that you should actually buy some and consume them.

~ Having the cashiers know you’re on the rag as she rings up your tampons, two pound box of Milk Duds and Us magazine isn’t as humiliating as having your improperly packed bag rip apart and spill all over the floor.

Discovery: Self-check out stands are just a new modern way that I can show the public what a jackass I am.

~ Don't contemplate a blogging topic too long, because someone might jump up and steal it from you.

Discovery: I need a life. And so does Brian.

*Editor's note: It was brought to my attention that the sentence "Brian and I need a life" might somehow imply to readers that Brian and I have a romantic relationship, which we do not. My point was that we, as two separate individuals, need better things to do than blog about men trapped in vats of chocolate. I feel compelled to say that the only implication of romantic intention, subtle or obvious, was from the imagination of the other subject (not being me) in the afore mentioned, ambiguous sentence. I'm sorry for any trouble or confusion caused. *sticks tongue out and presents sloppy raspberry*

~ A few years ago, when he could actually see, touch and taste my naked body, he wasn’t into me. I put up a picture of my bare torso and all of a sudden he’s in love with me.

Discovery: Boys are silly.

Editor's Note: The 'he' I'm referring to is Steve, from previous post, "It's a Deal". Okay, Brian? *grins and laughs at the silliness of boys*


~ Rather than go to a party in LA on a Friday night, I decided to stay home, do my laundry and watch a movie.

Discovery: I’m old.

7 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

You know another Brian? How was this not cleared with me first?

5:48 AM  
Blogger Debbye said...

Of course I'm not talking about you! I know so many Brians that I get them confused sometimes. Sorry for the confusion.

Maybe we can come up with some kind of form or notarized document to differentiate all the Brians in my life? Just to prevent this confusion?

5:44 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

I'm totally confused. You need to be less ambiguous with your pronouns and antecedents, because I'm afraid that I'm simply not in love with you, dear.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Debbye said...

Okay.

Of course you're in love with me.

Why fight it? Your denials just convince me more.

It's flattering of course, because long ago in a galaxy far far away I once had feelings for you, so to hear you finally say it (by denying it) is a boost for my ego. I just don't love you that way.

But hey, we can still be friends.

:)

7:54 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Sigh. Your edit misses the point completely. It's the "so does Brian ... he's in love with me" bit. The only "he" that your "he" could possibly refer to is "Brian". That's how the language works.

12:49 AM  
Blogger Debbye said...

Quit flirting with me, it makes me all tingly inside.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Debbye said...

How funny! This whole exchange was like an episode Three's Company!

I couldn't think of a more complete miscommunication than this!

Grammar is our foe! Have you not realized this yet? That's why I insist we hang out in person. ;)

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home