Monday, June 25, 2007

Weekender...

Hey all!

I had the funnest weekend with my 20 year old cousin Megan. We went out to dinner and saw Evan Almighty on Saturday and went for a bit of shopping down in Santa Monica. I, of course, spent way too much money. Here's what I got:

Bounty!!!


I do think it was worth it since I managed to score the last pair of Green Tweed Converse:

Tweed Converse

They are so beautiful I want to write odes to them.

"Converse is the name of my dream shoes,
Oh tweedy shoes of green and pink..."

I'll spare you the rest.

Hanging out with my cousin was so much fun, since she is full of the silly. My friends and I are all in our early thirties and we have real life grown up problems in regards to our relationship, careers and life in general. If these problems become overwhelming then the joy of life can be sucked right out of us. Life stops feeling free and light, if it ever was that way to begin with.

I miss it and forget that life can be fun. That's something I want to find again, the joy of being silly every once and a while. Like laughing so hard you pee a little or that wonderful feeling of not giving a wild horse shit what anyone else thinks. Silly should be the last thing we sacrifice when life gets difficult.

Hanging out with my cousin reminded me that I need to be less like this:

The Face Says Different

And more like this:

What a Wonderful Feeling...

Hey y'all, have some fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home