Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle...

I'm having a bit of a freak out.

You may not know this about me but I'm a perfectionist, but I'm also a realist who is prone to depression. In other words, I want to be perfect yet I know that will never happen which bums me out. Because of this I tend to get shut down when I'm overwhelmed. If it’s not perfect then what’s the point? (It’s also a convenient way to opt out of life.) So that's where I'm at right now. What's different about before is that I'm fighting it where as before I would just get in bed and give up. I'm saying this because I've been spending a lot of time alone, so I need to express myself. If I don't then I'm gonna keep this in and implode. Okay, here it goes:

I can't do this on my own.

So, if you're a friend of mine and you read this, please offer me some encouragement. I really need love and support right now. Thanks!

3 Comments:

Blogger jtw said...

I feel my moods are much like you described and I try to think of a slight comment I read recently.

If you woke up and did anything today positive it was a productive day.


So when I am pissy that I didn't do anything and I don't do anything because I am pissy it helps to think of the small things as making my day productive so I can restart not dwelling on how I wasted more time or how I had another unproductive day.

Ze Frank also had a nice video that cheered me up the other day.
http://www.zefrank.com/zesblog/archives/2007/11/on_feeling_unin.html

2:23 PM  
Blogger Steve G said...

Debster, you've always seemed like a pretty good fighter to me--a champion among women, if you will. I have no doubt that you'll end up with most everything you want in life.

So hang in there, I know you'll be fine. And remember--even though it seems hard, that's what she said.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Debbye said...

@ Simplehiker - Thanks so much. I'm trying to take it easy on myself and give myself credit when I do well. Thanks for the encouragement.

@ Steve - Thanks to you, too. I know I'll be okay. Honestly, you'd be so suprised at how upbeat I've been recently. But it's like all my momentum has just fizzled out over the last few days. It's finals at school and I'm just stressed out. Plus my family has been gone for a week, so I'm all alone. Just one more week and it'll be over!

And remember - I have what it takes, I just have to go deep inside myself to get it.

(That's what she said.)

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home