Monday, October 15, 2007

"I want a serious girlfriend. Somebody I can love, that's gonna love me back. Is that psycho?"

There's this boy in my Psychology of Women class who is so handsome that I have a hard time looking him in the eye. Well, today he turned around to hand me a piece of paper, gave me a little grin and I had a realization - he's the spitting image of Jake Ryan from Sixteen Candles! Most women around my age have a special place in their hearts for Jake Ryan and there he was two seats in front of me. All of a sudden I was a thirty year old Molly Ringwald hoping that he would notice me enough to show up at my door with his Porsche and the undies I gave to a geek. Then we'd fall in love over a birthday cake. That didn't happen but we did end up in a small group together and bonded over our mutual distain for Evolutionary Psychology. So, that's something...

I bet he's gay.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love evolutionary psychology. And I don't just say that to be contrary.

- Brian

2:52 AM  
Blogger Debbye said...

I have a problem with some of the theories that have come out of evolutionary psychology. Since it's focus is on reproduction and the survival of genes, there seems to be a tendency to promote the inequalities between the sexes (i.e., males want to fuck around and females want to nurture). Basically, evolutionary psychology puts a great deal of focus on the inherent differences in the nature of men and women and that creeps me out.

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home