Tuesday, January 31, 2006

the pigs have won tonight, they can all sleep soundly, and everything is all right

The State of the Union tonight was anything but united. There was a clear division between the Republicans and Democrats sitting in the audience which made the whole thing look like a high school pep-rally. I was just waiting for the Supreme Court to stand up, rip off their robes to reveal cheerleading uniforms and start doing some kicks and back flips. Do they really have to stand up and cheer like that? It just bugs me so much! I mean that's our government, for Chrissakes.

Bush was maladroit as usual. I find it so sad that I can't believe anything my president says tonight or ever. I want to be optimistic about the future but it all seems so large and corrupt. Our current administration just doesn't seem to be aware of a real world out there. By claiming to value life by being against abortion, cloning and same sex marriage(wtf?), but sending under protected kids out to kill and be killed in Iraq, Bush is just so delusional. I didn't catch all the speech but I don't think I missed much.

There was a protest tonight on Hollywood Blvd that blocked up traffic. For the first time I didn't mind being in gridlock. Hell, I would've joined them if I wasn't so tired from running around LA trying to fix a traffic citation.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

Given that many of our recent elections have been decided on such narrow margins, no one in government wants to appear partisan, to seem as though they're not being "team players". Even worse in wartime when you're required to "support the commander-in-chief" no matter how badly he cocks up. The Democrats in particular like to feign support, but instead, they just end up looking weak-willed and inept.

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home