Wednesday, February 21, 2007

To the beat of the rhythm of the night...

I'm all over retro, but the rhythm method making a comeback? This article's claim that the "Rhythm Method is as good as the Pill," is very interesting, but I'm not planning on jumping on that bandwagon anytime soon. First, it involves counting and charting, which is as sexy as stopping to put on the condom or bloat of the Pill. Then there is the fear that my body will not follow the fertile/infertile 30 to 36 day timeline that I've been taught since my breasts were nonexistent. Being off a day or so could have dire consequence. Plus, I can't even be bothered keep plants alive or remember to eat lunch everyday, so charting my body's temperature and menstrual flow just seems too much a bother.

I stopped having sex for a year and a half and my life was a smidge less complicated; but even with all the mess it can bring I missed it so much. While I enjoy having a sex life again, all the worries from the mundane hair removal techniques and being seen naked to the serious questions of birth control and levels of emotional attachment just make it seem like a pain in the ass. I do think I'm up for the challenge. Sex may make my life more complicated, but a little complication never hurt anyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home