Friday, October 28, 2005

The Boys are Back In Town

I finally made it out of my apartment last night to go see my friend Jason's new band, Red Eye. They're very LA rock and roll, complete with a passionate lead singer and ironic tee-shirts. I was Jason's only friend who saw the show. Afterwards our friend Mike showed up. Then we sat around, drank beer and shared witticisms. Just me and the boys. This whole not having a job thing can be good for something.

Speaking of not having a job, I had an interview yesterday. I think it went well. I said the right things and my friend Kathy works there which I hope means something. I hate to go on interviews!!

Therefore, I think getting up and going to an interview entitles me to a treat! In fact it entitles me to four treats. Namely, a Marc Jacobs skirt and blouse as well as a BCBG skirt and sweater. Suddenly everything was good in the world.

This was a special shopping trip because I got to go into the back room. It seems that because I looked nice (dressed for the interview) and had some high quality clothing in my broke little hands I was too good for the regular dressing rooms. The lovely Macy's by Appointment sales lady took my clothes and arranged them in a dressing room the size of my apartment. The consumer in me did a jig of gluttony! I wanted more! More! More!

What is worse is that everything fit and I liked it all! So I said what the fuck and bought it all. With my own money. Now I have a credit card that I can't use for a while but I do love my clothes. Ahhh...acting irresponsible felt really good for some reason like I wasn't really an adult with adult type problems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home