Thursday, February 02, 2006

Is that all there is?

I am ready to admit it, I'm depressed. I have been fighting it for a year or so now, but recent events have just pushed me to be honest with myself. There was denial, in fact I started yelling at my mother when she even suggested that I might be depressed.

Now I just want to feel it.

Last night I tossed and turned thinking that I was going to be fired for some inane reason. I had a plan for that: I was going to move back in with my parents and go back to school to get the degree that I really want. But I went to work and nothing happened. I don't know if I'm relieved or disappointed. I think it's a bit of both.

What my problem is that I have been rather disappointed with the real world. It's like that song, "Is that all there is?" I left school because I wanted to live a more grown up kind of life. I never realized that life would be so long.

And short.

This is it. This is all I get. Just this one life. I don't know if I should just wait for Godot or attempt to achieve some lofty goals. I don't know if I'll ever figure out that one...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to tell you, Debster. But yes, that's it. So you got two choices. Either get out of the house more and have some fucking fun, or rediscover the Lord and start making church friends again.

7:17 AM  
Blogger Debbye said...

So I should stifle all my ennui and dissatisfaction in life by eating, drinking and merriment or revert to a belief system I find illogical. Oh now that makes it all better, thanks Steve.

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is exactly what you should be doing. But, umm, try not to eat too much. It'll make you fat.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Debbye said...

You like fatties, don't lie...

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home