Sunday, May 14, 2006

I'm on my way, just set me free! (revised)

My dad likes Pink. Not the color, the singer. He likes her honesty and straight forwardness. I found great amusement in this new development which I believe slightly offended him. Maybe he's insecure about being a 62 year old man listening to Pink, but I think who the fuck should care? At least it's not Hillary Duff.

In other news, I am moving back to Montclair within the next few months. I wanted to tell my friends first, but none of them returned my calls. So, surprise! I wanted to go back to school, to get my BA in Behavioral Science and then go for my M.A. in Psychology, but didn't know how I was going to get that done. My folks offered the big bedroom which they have been using as a TV room since their nest became empty (don't ask.) It has its own bathroom at least and I'll be saving money not paying for rent and bills. Uh oh, I'm going to be a professional student! Ack!

I was seven units away from a BA in Theatre Arts and very burnt out when I decided to try the real world. I had given a brief thought about finishing up and going to graduate school. The problem was that my GPA was so dreadfully low when I left that I couldn't imagine a decent graduate program that would accept me. So, I went into the real world and found the pink-collar ghetto so abhorrent that my only true answer is to go back to school. I'm not a business person or creative enough to be some kind of artist, so I'll talk to people for a living. My ultimate dream is to start a non-profit that would somehow empower young women through developing the selves (self-esteem, self-worth and self-respect) and encouraging education.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home